ISG Technology provide LAN Connectivity solutions for blue-chip companies and high-street brands across the UK. With over 30 years’ in industry, the company is evolving and growing. You could be part of this exciting opportunity.
ISG’s Engineers are responsible for day to day maintenance projects working on our customers’ systems to:
You will be expected to work from schematics, diagrams, sketches and instruction efficiently utilising materials to ensure client satisfaction, completing jobs.
You will have the ability to work on structured cabling:
- fibre experience
- CAT 5
- CAT 6
and preferably will have achieved Cisco LAN with a willingness to undertake Cisco Routers and Switches courses up to and including Smart Hands.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited) to:
- Maintain cabling, infrastructure and test equipment.
- Communicate clearly with clients, engineers and managers
- Provide daily progress reports and weekly efficiency reports to clients and project managers
- Assist with logistics/materials ordering as necessary
- Co-ordinate works with other contractors on site to ensure our client’s best interests are always served
- Familiarisation and compliance with ISO9001 and other standards – to allow smooth running of procedures and documentation
- Resolve unexpected site issues
- Install, terminate and test in line with current BS7671 regulations and complete test certification
- Work in a safe and healthy manner; on site and when working at height.
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Experience of projects from a telecoms/ electrician/ construction background
- Structured Cabling with fibre/ voice/ CAT5/ CAT6 or fully qualified electrician
- Full UK driving licence.
- Must be prepared to work outside of standard hour and to work away from home occasionally.
- Professional standards of quality at work, conduct including personal presentation.
- Customer care and communication skills, especially with the client.
- Ability to adhere to time scales.
- Work well under pressure.
Dependent upon experience (we have opportunities available at various levels) you will be offered the chance to develop your skills working with an experienced team.
This is a very exciting time to join ISG, a rapidly growing wireless systems integrator who have created LAN connectivity solutions for some of the UK’s best known companies. ISG’s expertise is used in a wide range of sectors and technologies, from installing and maintaining Wi-Fi in supermarket and retail chains; other industry includes hotels, restaurants and educational establishments, along with much, much more!
Please send an up to date CV and cover letter explaining why you would like to join ISG.
We are sure you understand we receive a huge number of applications for each role. If you do not hear from us within 1 month assume your application has been unsuccessful.
- Company Vehicle
- Company Pension
- Hospital CashPlan
- Enhanced Absence policies