Installation / Senior Installation Engineer– upto £25k basic + OT with van & benefits
**** NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ****
Are you an Installation/Network Engineer with experience of installation of structured cabling and the ability to work on Cisco LAN, Cisco Routers, Switches upto Cisco CCNA (Smart Hands engineer).
If you have good communication skills, work to high standards and are willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and want to be a part of a rapidly expanding company within a growing market read on!
You will have Experience/Knowledge of:
- Fibre and Copper systems including: CW1308 voice infrastructure, Cat 5e/6/6a, OM1 to OM4
- Termination of the above, ability to test, understand test parameters and test techniques using system certifiers
- Installation of cable management and full containment systems to support the Cabling meeting the latest building regulations
- Retail Environments
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Supporting Project Managers with projects, assist with site surveys and project milestones
- Communicating clearly with clients, engineers, and managers
- Providing progress reports and weekly efficiency reports to clients and project managers
- Assist with logistics/materials ordering as necessary
- Co-ordinating works with other contractors on site
- Resolve site issues
- Health and safety requirements; in particular working safely on site and working at height
- Leading a team / site foreman
- Working on Live LAN’s – Switch/ Router experience
- Migration of WAN/LAN on campus sites
- Knowledge of routers and switches, with a preference to be trained up to CCNA with enthusiasm and dedication to achieve CCNA status
- Decommissioning of redundant equipment and cabling
- Familiarisation and compliance with ISO9001 and other standards – to allow smooth running of procedures and documentation
Skills and Qualifications
- GCSE Level – including Maths & English
- NVQ Level 3/equivalent or above in Structured (Data) Cabling or IT Networking
- ECS / CSCS
- Cisco CCNA / CCNP etc
- Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI)
- Certified Network Infrastructure Design Professional (CNIDP®)
- Certified Network Infrastructure Technician (CNIT®)
- Manufacturer’s Courses – Connectix, Excel, Systimax, Brand Rex etc
You will live in a 35 mile radius from one of our sites (Birmingham / Manchester / Rochester).
- Company Vehicle
- Fuel card
- mobile phone
- tools and equipment
- hospital cash plan
- enhanced absence policies
This is a very exciting time to join ISG, a rapidly growing wireless systems integrator who have created LAN connectivity solutions for some of the UK’s best known companies. ISG’s expertise is used in a wide range of sectors and technologies, from installing and maintaining Wi-Fi in supermarket and retail chains; other industry includes hotels, restaurants and educational establishments, along with much, much more!
ISG Technology provide LAN Connectivity solutions for blue-chip companies and high-street brands across the UK. With over 30 years’ in industry, the company is evolving and growing. You could be part of this exciting opportunity and be offered the chance to become empowered to develop your skills and capabilities.
Please send an up to date CV and cover letter explaining why you would like to join ISG.
We are sure you understand we receive a huge number of applications for each role. If you do not hear from us within 1 month assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year dependant on experience / qualifications