LAN Architect/Design Consultant
Reporting to the Professional Services Director you will lead technical design and costing activities in response to the needs of our customers. With a strong focus on LAN, WLAN, WAN and Security technologies across leading global Vendors you will utilise your in-depth knowledge of networking and wireless solutions to demonstrate competitive advantages over industry players to prospective customers. Ideally with an excellent understanding of distributed networking for customers with 100’s of sites you will be responsible for designing, documenting and cost modelling a competitive, innovative and intuitive end-to-end communications platform utilising the latest technologies for ISG to take to market.
A key part of the role is to respond to ITT and RFQ requests as the lead technical author, understanding the customer’s requirements and converting this into a written design response document along with a priced equipment list and schedule of professional service charges for each stage of the process, deployment and support across ISG’s three key verticals in the Retail, Automotive and Hospitality sectors. You will be a key member of the “sales” team and will be required to convey substantive competence and confidence in the articulation of the ISG proposal to C level customers.
You will not be responsible for the delivery of projects but hands on engineering skills and the ability to effectively handover and communicate the delivery requirements to the deployment teams is essential as well as highlighting training requirements needed for new products and solutions.
- Act as a technical resource to the Sales team for all technical pre-sales activities and product related inquiries.
- You will answer technical questions, create proposals, analyse client’s needs and develop technical solutions based on the best combination of technologies that ISG can procure, deploy and support
- Take the lead as technical author for client proposals
- Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers/clients regarding the solutions at all levels.
- Become the technical subject matter expert on Cisco’s, HP’s and others Networking, Wireless and Security products including features, functions, and benefits, while being able to share that knowledge with audiences at various levels of clients from IT Manager to CTO.
- Demonstrate products to technical and non-technical audiences at executive and/or technical levels at pre and post-sale meetings
- Perform on-site and remote hardware configuration and deployment.
- Articulate the technical value proposition and key differentiating capabilities to prospective new customers and solutions partners
- Help with technical content for sales and marketing collateral
- Provide post-sales follow-up, technical training, and consulting
- Assist with post-implementation support for key customers
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of 5+ years in a Pre-sales/Lan Architect role designing, pricing and creating response documentation for full stack networking solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, leading tender responses as the lead technical author and design authority.
- Certified to a minimum of Cisco CCNP, or equivalent from an alternative leading manufacturer, with specialisation around Switching & Routing, Security or Wireless.
- Retail/Multi-site distributed network architecture experience essential.
- Expert knowledge in full stack networking including wireless, large campus network design, network security strategies, capacity planning and network deployment.
- Expert in wireless networking fundamentals including site survey activities, high density planning/troubleshooting, and roaming
- Understanding of technical sales activities, challenges, and enablement strategies preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Excellent presentation skills to a ‘C’ Level audience.
- Forward thinking technologist, keeping track with market trends, new products and technologies and presenting this back to the ISG Board of Directors.