Installation (Network) Engineer (Rochester / Swindon / Birmingham / Manchester)
ISG Technology provide LAN Connectivity solutions for blue-chip companies and high-street brands across the UK. With over 30 years’ in industry, the company is evolving and growing. You could be part of this exciting opportunity and be offered the chance to become empowered to develop your skills and capabilities.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Installation Engineer. To be successful you will live in a 35 mile radius from one of our sites.
You will have the ability to work on structured cabling (fibre experience along with copper, CAT 5 and CAT 6) and have achieved Cisco LAN with a willingness to undertake Cisco Routers and Switches courses upto and including Smart Hands.
Dependent upon experience (we have opportunities available at various levels) you will be offered the chance to develop your skills working with an experienced team.
At ISG our Installation Engineers are responsible for day to day running of installation projects to plan, layout, test and troubleshoot, modify and repair customers’ cabling systems. You will be expected to work from schematics, diagrams, sketches and instruction to construct structured cabling systems, efficiently utilising materials and labour to ensure the timely delivery of the project.
This is a very exciting time to join ISG, a rapidly growing wireless systems integrator who have created LAN connectivity solutions for some of the UK’s best known companies. ISG’s expertise is used in a wide range of sectors and technologies, from installing and maintaining Wi-Fi in supermarket and retail chains; other industry includes hotels, restaurants and educational establishments, along with much, much more!
- Install cabling, infrastructure and test equipment.
- Support Project Managers with projects, assist with site surveys and agree project milestones
- Communicate clearly with clients, engineers and managers
- Oversee time management of installations engineers, including time sheet administration
- Provide daily progress reports and weekly efficiency reports to clients and project managers
- Assist with logistics/materials ordering as necessary
- Assist with the management of installation team
- Support the Project Managers in the preparation of site scope of works and specifications.
- Co-ordinate works with other contractors on site to ensure our client’s best interests are always served
- Familiarisation and compliance with ISO9001 and other standards – to allow smooth running of procedures and documentation
- Resolve unexpected site issues
- Install, terminate and test in line with current BS7671 regulations and complete test certification
- Health and safety requirements; in particular working safely on site and working at height.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of projects from a telecoms/ electrician/ construction background
- Structured Cabling with fibre/ voice/ CAT5/ CAT6 or fully qualified electrician
- Full UK driving licence.
- Must be prepared to work outside of standard hour and to work away from home occasionally.
- Professional standards of quality at work, conduct including personal presentation.
- Customer care and communication skills, especially with the client.
- Ability to adhere to time scales.
- Achievement of Cisco CCNA or willingness to qualify
- Work well under pressure.
We are sure you understand we receive a huge number of applications for each role. If you do not hear from us within 1 month assume your application has been unsuccessful.